Monday, November 06, 2006

"wanna buy some taffy apples?"

"well i didn't, little girl, until you asked me that delightful question."

I think it may have been an exploited child wrapped up in some hustle. i gave her my phone number so that she could contact me about about the goods when they became available. she assured me she would come and find me if all else failed.

I'm certain my contact information has been sold and is now in the clutches of some information company somewhere... market research. here is a demographic that loves taffy apples so much that they're apt to paying strange children up front for delivery at a later date.

she had the sign up sheet... but then again she was a ten year old wandering around in the hood trying to sell taffy apples.

well jokes on them all... i don't even like taffy apples that much. could use that $2, though.

The next person she hit after she took my two bucks was the DHL delivery driver, and then a man standing at the end of the alley, mumbling and then every other person in her path as she moved down the street. I did notice that no one else that she solicited seemed to be in the mood for taffy apples.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric Oij said...

I would buy a taffy apple, mmmm, taffy apple, did they have nuts? cant have a tappy affle without nuts, can you...

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home